During the Benghazi hearings last week (Wed 1/23/2013) Sen. Ron Johnson’s questioning of Hillary Clinton provoked this response.
“With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans.” “Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night decided they’d go kill some Americans?”
“What difference, at this point, does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, senator.”
Here is why it matters Mrs. Clinton:
- Requests for additional security were ignored by your department for months.
- When the embassy was under attack, the orders were either issued to stand down or the situation was ignored.
- Immediately after the attacks the Obama administration (your boss) engaged in deception by blaming the attacks on a Youtube video which turned out to be a blatant lie.
- You even further propounded the lie by buying advertising space in Afghanistan and Pakistan apologizing for the video.
- The perpetrators of the attacks are still on the loose.
- You have taken responsibility for the failures and the deaths of 4 Americans, yet no one has been held accountable for their actions.
- Your testimony was largely a history lesson and a review of current affairs in Africa which was not the subject at hand, but merely a carefully orchestrated deflection of the issue itself.
The Definition of accountability according to Wiki is:
In governance, accountability has expanded beyond the basic definition of “being called to account for one’s actions”. It is frequently described as an account-giving relationship between individuals, e.g. “A is accountable to B when A is obliged to inform B about A’s (past or future) actions and decisions, to justify them, and to suffer punishment in the case of eventual misconduct”.
I charge that You Mrs. Clinton, as well as members of your staff have been derelict in your duties and should suffer punishment consisting of; removal from office, any and all government benefits taken away, and you should be barred from future Government Service in any capacity.
Accountability cannot exist without proper accounting practices; in other words, an absence of accounting means an absence of accountability.
You have resigned from your post (with your benefits in tact) and no one from your staff has been dismissed which means there has been no accountability other than a public declaration “I take full responsibility.”
Yes, four Americans are dead, and it’s all or in part, your fault. And it has cost you nothing.
I wonder if your arrogant indifference would be the same if your daughter Chelsea was killed, her dead body raped and dragged through the streets on world wide television and no one was held accountable, would the same “I take full responsibility” (on the way out the door) be satisfactory?
Hillary’s reward (or slobber-fest) was for ‘falling on her sword’ in defense of the Obama Administration, even though it was portrayed otherwise. Since its obvious Hillary isn’t going to say anything to jeopardize the Obama administrations cover up of Benghazi, everything is forgiven and forgotten.
I wonder how Susan Rice felt about this after she was thrown off the Obama express. Will she have a kissy-kissy with Obama next week on 60 Minutes or will her reward be something else?
The shame of this administration knows no bounds. Four Americans are dead, this administration screwed up, covered up and no one was held accountable.
That’s what difference it makes Mrs. Clinton.